“Bear Stearns lowered the price target and estimates for Apple Computer to reflect Intel Mac transition issues, but maintained an ‘outperform’ rating on the stock due to confidence in demand for iPods, Macs and more innovative products. ‘We continue to view the stock pullback as a buying opportunity, with Apple’s price-to-earnings at 17 times our calendar 2007 operating earnings-per-share estimate,’ wrote analyst Andrew Neff in a research note Thursday,” Maya Roney reports for Forbes.
Neff remains “optimistic” on Apple with expectations that include an Intel-based iBook, true video iPod, wireless iPod, other innovations in coming months while lowering his 12-month price target to $100 from $103.
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Piper Jaffray: Apple on track to meet or slightly exceed iPod unit expectations – March 13, 2006
Bear Stearns: Current Apple weakness is a buying opportunity – March 13, 2006
Citgroup analyst expects ‘fairly eventful’ Apple announcement around 30th anniversary on April 1st – March 13, 2006
Citigroup ups Apple to ‘buy,’ expects Intel transisiton to be complete in all Macs by August – March 13, 2006