“Without explicitly stating so, Apple has taken measures to allow itself room to make changes at the top of its iPod product line this spring, if it chooses to do so,” Prince McLean and Katie Marsal report for AppleInsider. “The Cupertino, Calif.-based company recently informed some of its partners and big box retailers that it has placed the top-of-the-line 60GB fifth-generation iPod on its 60-day ‘at risk’ list. The 30GB iPod was not placed on the list.”
McLean and Marsal report, “According to sources, when Apple makes note of an item being placed on an ‘at risk list,’ it could mean one of many things, or nothing at all. Simply, it’s the company’s way of warning resellers that it may make changes to that product, replace it with a newer model, offer a price reduction or discontinue it, among other things. Therefore, resellers should keep a close eye on their inventory management of such products… The 60GB iPod was placed on the 60-day at risk list about a month ago.”
More in the full article here.
“Apple’s forthcoming ‘true’ video iPod will feature a 4-inch display with a quarter-inch border, allowing the device to maintain dimensions typical of previous iPods,” Ryan Katz reported on March 2 for Think Secret. “The new iPod remains on track for an announcement possibly as soon as late March or early April but sources caution the roll-out could be pushed back pending an agreement with the movie industry on distributing feature-length content.”
Full article here.
Think Secret also has a report headlined, “With video iPod debut near, time is running out for Apple to strike big movie content deals,” which can be found here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.