Apple Computer, Inc has topped Fortunes’ “Most Admired for Innovation” list seen here.
1. Apple Computer
2. Procter & Gamble
3. Walt Disney
7. Best Buy
8. Texas Instruments
9. Illinois Tool Works
In the list of 50 most admired companies overall, Fortune’s survey asked businesspeople to vote for the companies that they admired most, from any industry. The top ten results:
1. General Electric
2. Toyota Motor
3. Procter & Gamble
5. Johnson & Johnson
8. Berkshire Hathaway
9. Apple Computer
10. Wal-Mart Stores
Other companies of interest on the list are IBM # 11, Intel #18, Nokia #20, Samsung #27, Walt Disney #33, and Sony #34.
Fortune created a list of 351 companies in 30 industries with revenues greater than $8 billion. Hay Group sent surveys to 8,645 executives and directors at those companies, as well as to analysts. Respondents were asked to rate companies in their industry on nine attributes, on a scale of 0 (poor) to 10 (excellent); the average of those scores was used for country and industry rankings. Respondents were also asked to rank their top ten companies across all industries. The All-Star list is based on that result.
Full article, including the full list, here.
[UPDATE: 9:31am EST: Added top ten innovators list.]
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.