“The new Apple Mac mini has the Intel Core Duo processor, and adds Front Row, wireless 802.11g, and Bluetooth. It’s a good fit as a media extender or a second system for living room or bedroom use,” Joel Santo Domingo writes for PC Magazine’s review, giving Apple’s tiniest Mac 4 out of 5 stars.
Listing his “Pros” as”Airport Extreme (802.11g Wi-Fi) and Bluetooth 2.0+EDR now standard. Compact, sleek, quiet, and low-priced. Can use accessories from previous generation Mac mini. Four USB 2.0 ports and an audio input (finally). Intel Core Duo processor.” Santo Domingo’s “Cons” include, “No TV tuner. 512MB of RAM is good, 1GB would be better. Core Duo means some incompatibility with older software (such as “Classic” apps running OS 9.) No keyboard or mouse included.”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “DigitalDame” for the heads up.]
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Chicago Tribune: Apple’s new Intel-based Mac mini might make you switch from Windows – March 07, 2006
Mac mini 6-button remote, Front Row typify Apple’s ‘sophisticated simplicity’ strategy – March 06, 2006
Reader report: 1080p 24fps playback on Mac mini Core Duo plays fine – March 03, 2006
Apple’s new Mac mini a HDTV media center in disguise? – March 01, 2006
Apple’s new Mac mini: perfect for HDTV – March 01, 2006
Analyst: Apple’s new Mac mini ‘a good first step into the living room’ – February 28, 2006
Apple introduces new Intel-based Mac mini – February 28, 2006