“Apple’s decision to open its own worldwide network of retail stores is an attempt to change attitudes to its personal computers, with stores now open in London’s Regent Street, Birmingham, Sheffield and Manchester,” Graham Stewart reports for The Scotsman.
“Mark Rogers [Apple UK managing director] refuses to comment on the locations of future store openings, but it is more than likely that stores will open in Glasgow and Edinburgh once Apple can secure prime retail locations,” Stewart reports. “Chris Braithwaite, a director at real estate company Cushman & Wakefield, says: ‘Apple wants to open in the 20 best retail locations in the UK. It has told us just to get on and find the space.’ It is thought that Glasgow’s Buchanan Street could be a prime candidate for such a store. However, any Apple-owned stores would compete head-on with Scotsys’s own independent retail stores in Glasgow and Edinburgh.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.