“I can’t keep this up. It seems like almost every Apple product that has come out in the past year has wound up on my credit card. So, I fear, will the latest — the week-old iPod Hi-Fi. When Apple CEO Steve Jobs introduced the speaker system on Feb. 28 as the device that will reinvent the home stereo, I scoffed. Today, after plugging my iPod into it and playing no more than two songs from the Funk Brothers, I’m checking to see if I can sneak another credit card purchase past my wife,” Mike Wendland writes for The Detroit Free Press. “At $349, the iPod Hi-Fi costs considerably more than the third-party speakers already on the market like the Bose SoundDock ($299), JBL’s On Stage ($169) and the inMotion iPod speaker from Altec Lansing ($149). I have listened to all three of those systems and not been impressed, at least not enough so to actually think of buying one. The iPod Hi-Fi, though, is mighty tempting. Judging sound for most of us is subjective, at best. All I can say is that the iPod Hi-Fi indeed does deliver powerful, room-filling sound… I also like the looks of this all-in-one speaker system better.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
PC Magazine Editor’s Choice: Apple iPod Hi-Fi ‘this one’s a winner’ (4.5 stars out of 5) – March 04, 2006
Review: Apple iPod Hi-Fi – March 03, 2006
The Inquirer reports on attack of Apple cultists, blames MacDailyNews for inciting ’email fatwa’ – March 03, 2006
CSFB: Apple iPod Hi-Fi a harbinger of things to come – March 02, 2006
Inquirer writer: Apple Mac, iPod users are gullible saps – March 02, 2006
Apple iPod Hi-Fi photos from all angles – March 01, 2006
Videos of Steve Jobs introducing Mac mini, iPod Hi-Fi – March 01, 2006
Apple debuts iPod Hi-Fi speaker system, leather cases for 5G iPod, iPod nano – February 28, 2006