Early yesterday morning, we were contacted by actor Louis Lombardi who plays Edgar Stiles on Fox’s hit TV show “24.” Mr. Lombardi clarified the specific of the Mac models he owns (iMac G5 and his more recently purchased Powerbook G4 17-inch; no problems with the PowerBook, but extremely frustrating issues with the iMac G5) and he thanked us for covering his story, originally reported by Evan Jacobs for MovieWeb, this past Saturday night, hoping it would catch the attention of someone at Apple.
Apparently Lombardi’s story has caught the attention of “someone” at Apple as Mr. Lombardi informed us late last night that “Steve Jobs agrees that the computer should not breakdown as many times as it has” and “is sending a new one.” iMac Core Duo, we presume, and probably loaded to the gills.
MacDailyNews Take: Good show! Pun intended. That didn’t take very long, did it?
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Louis Lombardi (Edgar Stiles on the FOX hit ’24’) can’t get Apple to properly fix his Mac – March 04, 2006