Today’s Joy of Tech comic harks back to William Shatner’s 1986 “Get A Life!” Saturday Night Live sketch in which Shatner, as Captain Kirk at a Star Trek Convention exhorted Trekkies to “get a life” and asked whether they had “ever kissed a girl?”
The Joy of Tech comic replaces Shatner’s Kirk with Apple CEO Steve Jobs onstage at Apple’s recent media event where the new Intel-based Mac mini and iPod Hi-Fi speaker system was introduced.
See the latest Joy of Tech here.
MacDailyNews Take: Not funny. Not funny at all!
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.