“Tesco is to roll out standalone areas for Apple in 300 of its biggest stores by the end of the year, as it aims to become one of the biggest multimedia retailers,” BrandRepublic reports. “The retailer was trialling its first dedicated Apple zone [selling Apple Macintosh computers and printers as well as smaller items such as iPods] in its Milton Keynes store at the start of the year. It now hopes to emulate French supermarket Carrefour, a leading player in multimedia sales, on which it is understood to be modelling its tactics. It has similar dedicated areas and staff trained in multimedia and computing applications.”
BrandRepublic reports, “Tesco is initially extending the Apple trial to six stores as it prepares for a full roll-out.”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “Hugh” for the link.]
World of Apple has a photo of Tesco’s Milton Keynes Apple Store-Within-A-Store here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Tesco opens first Apple Macintosh ‘store-within-a-store’ – February 15, 2006
Tesco’s Apple iPod UK sales trial goes ‘very well,’ chain considers larger rollout including Macs – January 25, 2006
Tesco to start selling Apple iPods across the UK – May 20, 2005