Online promoter MacZOT has partnered with top Mac software developers to create a software shopping experience with incentive. MacZOT is designed to increase exposure for Mac software. The difference is a “deal” approach rather than an archive or version tracking approach. Visitors to the site can download and try that day’s software. If they like it, they can register it through MacZOT before the day is over.
“We’ve partnered with many of the top developers to create a fun atmosphere for discovering rare deals.” says MacZOT founder Brian Ball in the press release. “We’re not as much a reseller as a promoter. We work hard to promote a focused offering by getting the developers involved more than other reseller channels. We hope to also create a stronger connection to the source of great software and build a community that helps inform others. While software development requires logical thinking, design aesthetics and a sense of how to document the application, getting the word out is a whole separate component to the software business. With several million people in countries all over the world adopting the Mac platform, it’s important to get exposure through news and software update sites as well as channels that sell the product. MacZOT.com is positioned to be a buzz engine for the mac community and mix frequent change with trusted sources for great Mac software. MacZOT members can rest assured they’ll have access to the best of what the Mac developer community has to offer.”
More info here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.