“Credit Suisse maintained an ‘outperform’ rating on Apple Computer on the heels of the company’s new product announcements [iPod Hi-Fi, Mac mini],” Peter Kang reports for Forbes. “The Hi-Fi, with a price tag of $349, is more expensive compared with third-party iPod accessories items made by Bose, JBL and Altec Lansing, the analyst said. ‘We expect Hi-Fi to be successful, but do not believe it will be a blockbuster product as its functionality is very similar to that of the Bose, which is still recognized as a leader in acoustics.’ Despite Semple’s tempered expectations for the Hi-Fi, the research analyst said the product launch is a harbinger of things to come and expects Apple to roll out more peripheral products.”
Kang reports, “The analyst has a $90 price target on Apple. ‘Fundamentals at Apple remain very strong despite potential x86 transition issues and iPod seasonality in the March quarter,’ said Semple.”
Full article here.
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Apple iPod Hi-Fi photos from all angles – March 01, 2006
Apple on the living room attack; Sonos CEO: ‘the shot heard round the world for home-audio business’ – March 01, 2006
Videos of Steve Jobs introducing Mac mini, iPod Hi-Fi – March 01, 2006
Apple debuts iPod Hi-Fi speaker system, leather cases for 5G iPod, iPod nano – February 28, 2006