“It’s finally arrived: the Mac that is made to be used with your HDTV! Browsing through Apple’s list of accessories for the new Mac mini reveals just what we have been waiting for. Not only do they list the various adapters that we mentioned in our ‘How to connect your PC to your HTPC’ article but they also mention all the various resolutions. So it doesn’t matter if you have DVI, HDMI, or VGA, you are covered,” Ben Drawbaugh writes for HD Beat in an oddly-titled piece, “The Intel Macmini is perfect for HDTV.”
MacDailyNews Take: What’s up next, “The IBM Power Mac is perfect for Photoshop?” But, we digress…
Drawbaugh continues, “I am the most excited about the mention of the resolutions; in the past you would have to use a third party product such as DisplayConfigX to get your Mac mini to output the correct resolution, now it seems it’s supported by OSX. This in combination with the overscan adjustment built into to the display preferences is very impressive. Audio was considered as well as the new Mac mini includes SPDIF in and out so you can enjoy DD 5.1 in all it’s glory.”
Full article here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader “LinuxGuy” for the heads up.]
• Apple’s brand new iPod Hi-Fi speaker system. Home stereo. Reinvented. Available now for $349 with free shipping.
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
Related MacDailyNews articles:
Analyst: Apple’s new Mac mini ‘a good first step into the living room’ – February 28, 2006
Old Apple Mac mini G4 vs. new Mac mini’s graphics and video specs – February 28, 2006
With today’s announcements, Apple’s vision is becoming clearer and bolder – February 28, 2006
Apple introduces new Intel-based Mac mini – February 28, 2006