According to a blogger on FreeMacBlog.com, he was recently told by an Apple representative that the company is “not able to take large orders of Mac minis right now… it seems that you can order the current minis one by one, but not in bulk. This makes me believe that we’ll be seeing the first Intel Mac mini…and it certainly won’t be this ridiculous cube.
MacDailyNews Take: “Ridiculous?” Sniff. (Hey, speaking of sniffing, check out today’s .)
This news will help fuel the speculation that’s running wild in some quarters that Apple will unveil an Intel-based Mac mini during its special event on February 28th.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.