“Apple Computer, maker of iPod music players and Macintosh computers, could be adding versions of its Mac Mini and iBook laptop with Intel chips next week,” Bloomberg News reports. “American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu predicted the introduction of the computers and a new portable stereo for the iPod after Apple sent out an E-mail invitation yesterday for a ‘fun’ product announcement on Feb. 28 at its California headquarters.”
“An updated version of the $499 Mac Mini, Apple’s lowest-priced computer, and iBook consumer notebooks may be next, Wu said. Jobs promised last month that all Macs will sport Intel chips by the end of this year in a switch from processors from IBM,” Bloomberg News reports. “Jobs, who turns 51 this week, may also use the event to introduce accessories including an iPod-based ‘boombox’ or portable stereo, Wu said.”
Full article here.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
RUMOR: Mystery Apple ‘Media Cube’ photo and info surfaces – February 22, 2006
Apple to hold special media event next Tuesday – February 21, 2006