A new Apple Retail Store is coming to “Manchester’s Arndale Centre [UK]. Huh? Yep, that’s right, the Arndale Centre that is just 7 miles from the current store at the Trafford Centre. But why there? Consider this: Apple currently has stores in some city centres – Birmingham and Regent Street, and also in out of town malls [Bluewater, Meadowhall, Brent Cross and The Trafford Centre] and clearly Apple believes Manchester City Centre to be worthy of the Apple Store treatment. The documentation I have shows the location as “Solicitors Instructed”, and my source tells me that Apple have now signed a lease for the location,” myMacPad reports. “The Apple Store’s location is within the huge re-development of the Arndale, rumoured to open in April.”
Full article featuring screen shot and floor plan of the Arndale Centre that show an Apple store here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews reader “Nik” for the link.]
Apple’s current UK Retail Store information here.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.