“When I married and my husband asked me to convert, it was a pretty big deal. I was set in my ways. My orthodoxies were profound. But if I didn’t abandon the personal computer for the Mac, he warned, the marriage wouldn’t have a chance,” Alex Kuczynski writes for The New York Times. “We should not inhabit separate computing universes, he argued. I held my breath and jumped. Upon reflection, it was the best hardware decision I ever made. The Mac is easy to use, the technology refined. Most people get a watch or a piece of jewelry when they marry; I got an iBook G4 laptop and a honeymoon with five kids.”
Full article here.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.