“We are hearing some more chatter today regarding a possible alliance with AAPL and its iTunes unit. While on Feb 10 we heard a rumor that DIS was interested in potentially buying a stake in AAPL’s iTunes, today we’re hearing that GOOG could be interested in an alliance with AAPL and its iTunes unit. While these rumors don’t seem to be gaining much traction, we’re bringing it to your attention since this is the second week in a row we’ve heard some kind of iTunes chatter,” briefing.com reports.
Full article (paid subscription required) here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews reader “J Alex” for the link.]
Note that Google’s music search is already partnered with Apple’s iTunes. If you search for music/artists using Google, iTunes is one of the stores returned from which to buy. We assume that this rumor, if it has substance, would be about more than the current Apple/Google relationship.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
RUMOR: Disney to buy stake in Apple’s iTunes Store, could be preface to iTunes Store IPO – February 10, 2006