“We are hearing some chatter this morning about Apple Computer (AAPL) that we can’t confirm, but found interesting nonetheless. The rumor is that Disney (DIS) could buy a stake in AAPL’s iTunes, which could then be a first step towards an iTunes IPO. This is a new one to us, and this type of AAPL/DIS rumor could be motivated by the fact that Steve Jobs will be on the DIS board following its acquisition of PIXR. Some of the initial feedback we heard on this was skeptical, so again, just passing this one along,” Briefing.com reports.
Full article (paid subscription required) here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews reader “J Alex” for the heads up.]
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.