“Deep in the job opportunities area of the Apple Computer Inc. Web site lurks a little tidbit that would make local Mac lovers cheer,” Carolyn Shapiro reports for The Virginian-Pilot. “A search of jobs at Apple retail stores by state lists ‘Norfolk-McArthur-VA’ among six locations named in Virginia. If the listing means a new store is coming to MacArthur Center in downtown Norfolk, it would be the first Apple retail outlet in Hampton Roads. Yet before any Apple addicts get too excited, they should know that neither the company’s nor the mall’s representatives would confirm plans for a local store. ‘We certainly haven’t made any announcements,’ said Monica Wik, a spokeswoman for Apple, based in Cupertino, Calif.”
“MacArthur Center officials also shed no light. “I have nothing to tell you,” said Karen Winters, the mall’s marketing director,” Shapiro reports. “However, the ifoapplestore.com Web site has posted Apple’s plans for a Norfolk store on its front page. The location is notable to those watching the Web site, which tracks information about Apple’s retail activities, because it names Hampton Roads among the largest metropolitan areas in the country without an Apple retail presence.”
Full article here.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. Only $49.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.