comScore Media Metrix today released its monthly analysis of consumer activity at top online properties and categories. As anticipated, holiday-related sites garnered strong traffic in December, with the strongest gains realized by shipping sites, jewelry/luxury goods providers and retail – music outlets. December also saw a rise in visitation to multi-media content.
Online music retail concluded a strong 2005 with a 22 percent increase in December, compared to the previous month. Barnes & Noble led the category with 9.5 million visitors, up 33 percent from November. Ranking a close second in the category, iTunes drew 9.3 million visitors (also up 33 percent), as iTunes gift certificates proved to be a popular gift this holiday season.
Apple Computer, Inc. was the 17th most-visited website in December with 27,906,00 unique visitors. Yahoo! Sites was number one with 127,132,000. MSN-Microsoft Sites were #2 with 116,665,000 unique patchers. Other personal computer hardware sites that made the Top 50 were Dell at #41 with 16,403,000 and HP at #49 with 13,784,000.
More info here.
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. $49.00.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.