Whether you play a song in iTunes or enter artist name and song title manually, pearLyrics will try to find the right lyrics for you, and it’s pretty good at it. pearLyrics then consults up to seven different servers to do its best and find the lyrics for which you are looking. Available as standalone application (handy for those still preferring Panther) as well as a Dashboard widget for Tiger.
pearLyrics can automatically copy found lyrics into your iTunes 5 library, edit lyrics in iTunes 5 and have them displayed in pearLyrics. Also, if pearLyrics could not find any lyrics, just look them up in Google with a simple click. Finally, you can also have multiple pearLyrics widgets running, i.e. one for lyrics, one for chords…just to mention a few highlights.
What’s new in this version:
• Both: now also looks in iTunes Library for song lyrics if iTunes is running (iTunes 5 or higher)
• Both: option to automatically copy found lyrics into your iTunes Library (iTunes 5 or higher)
• Both: fine tuned search algorithms for more accurate search results
• Widget: support for multiple instances with different settings (i.e. one for chords, one for lyrics)
• Widget: option to look up lyrics on Google if no lyrics were found
• Widget: option to refetch lyrics from the web if they were taken from the pearLyrics cache
Requires MacOS X 10.3 or higher for the standalone application.
Requires MacOS X 10.4 or higher for Dashboard widget.
More info, screenshots, and download link here.