Apple Computer has released Mac OS X 10.3.6 Update which delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 “Panther” and is recommended for all users.
Key enhancements include:
– improved file sharing for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS) and PC (SMB/CIFS) networks
– more reliable network automounts and launch of network applications
– improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphic drivers
– additional FireWire audio and USB device compatibility
– updated Calculator, DVD Player, Image Capture, and Safari applications
– improved compatibility for third party applications
– previous standalone security updates
For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n300080
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798
The Mac OS X 10.3.6 Update is available via Software Update.
Apple has also released Mac OS X v10.3.6 Server which includes everything found in the Mac OS X update and adds improvements to Open Directory, File Services, Fibre Channel Utility, Mail Server and LDAP. You can download the installer from Apple’s Knowledge Base or use Mac OS X Server’s Software Admin utility or the “softwareupdate” command-line tool.