Is Pixar moving towards Mac OS X? A recent Job Opening on Pixar’s web site is looking for a ‘Mac OS X Systems Administrator.’
– Serve as a technical lead on Unix-related Mac OS X projects.
– Serve as escalation point for Unix-related Mac OS X issues.
– Identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
– Resolve support requests and perform infrastructure maintenance:
– Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, both workstation and server.
– Troubleshoot network and remote access connectivity problems.
– Perform general system maintenance and support.
– Install, upgrade, and maintain hardware, software, and peripherals.
– Produce documentation.
– Train end-users as needed.
– Recommend and establish policies on system use and services.
– Assist other administrators in maintaining standard software configurations.
– Assist other IS staff as needed.
Additional qualifications and application information are here.