“After trouble began store staff immediately put the tablet in a bin with sand, which seemed to halt the situation, Dutch blog iCulture noted,” Fingas reports. “By around 2:20 p.m. local time, the city’s fire department was on the scene. Though there was no obvious smoke, three people reported respiratory issues.”
Fingas reports, “The incident moved quickly enough that by 3 p.m., workers and shoppers were allowed to come back in.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Damaged lithium-ion batteries can certainly cause issues. Sounds like this incident was handled with aplomb.