The exclusive, invitation-only event will take place October 19-21 at the Montage in Laguna Beach, Calif.
Hosted by The Wall Street Journal’s Editor In Chief Gerard Baker, Deputy Editor In Chief Rebecca Blumenstein, Financial Editor Dennis K. Berman and Global Technology Editor Jonathan Krim, WSJDLive will feature provocative on-stage interviews, focused roundtables with experts, interactive events and new product demonstrations, all with a global focus.
“This year’s WSJDLive features technology leaders, entrepreneurs and policymakers from around the world discussing the opportunities and challenges presented by the rapidly-changing world of tech,” said Gerard Baker, Editor In Chief of The Wall Street Journal, in a statement.
Some of the CEOs, executives and policy makers participating include:
• Rony Abovitz | Founder, President and CEO, Magic Leap
• Tyra Banks | Chairman and CEO, The Tyra Banks Company; Founder, Fierce Capital, LLC
• Marc Benioff | Chairman and CEO, Salesforce
• Bob Bowman | President, Business and Media, MLB
• Stewart Butterfield | Co-Founder and CEO, Slack
• Tim Cook | CEO, Apple
• Chris Cox | Chief Product Officer, Facebook
• Mark Cuban | Owner, Dallas Mavericks, Entrepreneur and Investor
• Sharad Devarajan | Co-Founder and CEO, Graphic India
• Kazuo Hirai | President and CEO, Sony Corporation
• Tony Hsieh | CEO, Zappos.com, Inc.
• Jenny Lee | Managing Partner, GGV Capital
• Robin Li | Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO, Baidu, Inc.
• Bin Lin | Co-Founder and President, Xiaomi
• Yuri Milner | Founder, DST Global
• Leslie Moonves | President and CEO, CBS Corporation
• Richard Plepler | Chairman and CEO, Home Box Office, Inc.
• Jessica Richman | Co-Founder and CEO, uBiome
• Chuck Robbins | CEO, Cisco
• Admiral Michael Rogers | Commander, U.S. Cyber Command; Director, National Security Agency; Chief, Central Security Service
• Virginia M. Rometty | Chairman, President and CEO, IBM
• Balaji S. Srinivasan | General Partner, Andreessen Horowitz; Co-Founder, 21 Inc.
• Michael J. Wolf | CEO and Co-Founder, Activate
The conference will be covered in a worldwide special report in The Wall Street Journal on October 27 and on WSJD.com.
WSJD will once again host its Global Startup Showcase at the conference, offering select entrepreneurs the opportunity to attend WSJDLive and present their independent startup companies to a panel of judges and an audience of Fortune 500 CEOs, entrepreneurs and investors from around the world.
Judges will include:
• Rupert Murdoch, Executive Chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox
• will.i.am, Founder and CEO, i.am+
• Mark Cuban, Owner Dallas Mavericks, Entrepreneur and Investor
• Theresia Gouw, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Aspect Ventures.
One entrepreneur, selected by audience vote, will be featured in the Journal’s special report.
For more information about The Wall Street Journal’s WSJDLive, visit http://wsjdlive.wsj.com/.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
MacDailyNews Take: Maybe Tim can corner Bin Lin and ask him why his patent- and trade dress-infringing outfit insists on attempting to knock off Apple products?
Don’t be silly, Xiaomi is no threat to Apple – January 19, 2015
Xiaomi, which makes billions ripping off Apple, warns people not to buy knockoff versions of its devices – January 12, 2015