“YouTube user GhostlyRich posted a video on YouTube in early December that showed that his Samsung Galaxy S4 caught fire while charging. While the battery did not explode (thankfully) you can clearly see the charging port is burnt,” Sams reports. “To no surprise, a burnt charging point rendered the device useless and seeing that the Phone is still under warranty, you would think Samsung would simply exchange the device and make good with the consumer to fix the issue.”
Sams reports, “Wrong. What Samsung has done, foolishly, is sent the user a document saying that they will exchange his defective device only after he pulls his initial video from YouTube.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Samsung’s Android phone sales are exploding.
Samsung Galaxy phone explodes, catches fire in woman’s pants pocket causing third degree burn – July 8, 2013
Samsung Galaxy phone ‘explodes’ as man sleeps – May 28, 2013
Another Samsung Galaxy phone explodes; man being treated for second-degree burns – February 4, 2013
Report: Samsung Galaxy S III phone explodes in user’s car in Ireland – June 22, 2012