“As the country goes to the polls to decide who will be in the White House for the next four years, either President Barack Obama or Governor Mitt Romney, you can keep up to date with the latest news and polls on the go, using these apps designed for your Apple iPhone,” Ciaccia11 writes.
Here are five iPhone apps to help keep you informed and abreast on all the latest election information.
• iDemocrat, Proud Republican: Simple apps that allow you to show your political colors proudly on your iPhone. The free version of the app merely offers a picture of a donkey or an elephant to display on your phone… The iDemocrat app is a free app that gets updated twice a week with stats on how many people have downloaded the apps. You can find and install the app here. The Proud Republican app costs $2.99, but gives you plenty bang for your conservative buck. In the latest version, you get access to talk radio hosts such as Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and others, while also getting updated news feeds from places like Drudge Report and FOX News.
• Election-2012: Offers information on national poll results, live streaming videos, and continuous updates from Hearst Television’s “Live Wire.”
• New York Times Election 2012: This app allows you to access to six free Times articles and is free to download, but after you’ve read the quota you have to sign up for a subscription.
• Politico: (Free) Politico has a slew of journalists breaking news from the White House, Capitol Hill, and lobbyists, as well as how they interact with Wall Street, the media and various personalities.
• Candidates: Match up your opinions with those of the candidate, then hopefully find a candidate that mirrors your own images with this free app.
Read more in the full article here.