“With Apple’s release last month of iOS 6, iPhone hackers have, of course, set their sites on jailbreaking the new OS,” Schwartz writes. “So far no automated jailbreak is available for latest-generation iOS devices that run iOS 6.”
Schwartz writes, “Could a full iOS 6 jailbreak, including for the latest Apple devices, be just around the corner? Don’t bet on it.”
Here are six of the top challenges that would-be jailbreak developers will face:
1. Finding sufficient vulnerabilities takes smarts.
2. Vulnerability hunting takes time.
3. Website-based untethered jailbreaking is insanely difficult.
4. Apple’s update clock begins ticking after jailbreaks are released.
5. Early iOS 6 exploit was not a jailbreak.
6. Apple keeps locking down iOS.
Read more in the full article here.