iTunes 10.7 adds support for iOS 6 running on compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch models. This update also adds support for the latest iPod nano and iPod shuffle models.
iTunes makes it easy to enjoy your favorite music, movies, TV shows and more on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod. iTunes includes the iTunes Store, a place you can download everything you need to be entertained, day or night. iTunes now stores your purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost. iTunes now also includes iTunes Match. Store your entire music library in iCloud so you can enjoy your collection anywhere, anytime, on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, computer, or Apple TV.
iTunes 10.7 requirements
• Mac computer with an Intel Core processor and 512MB of RAM
• To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 1GB of RAM is required.
• To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required.
• Screen resolution of 1024×768 or greater; 1280×800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
• Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
• Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work
• Apple SuperDrive to back up your library to DVDs; some non-Apple DVD-RW drives may also work
• Mac OS X version 10.6.8 or later
• Safari 4.0.3 or later
• 350MB of available disk space
• iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match availability may vary by country.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: support.apple.com/kb/HT1222
iTunes 10.7 is not yet popping up in our iTunes>Check for Updates, but it is available for download here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Reader "dslarsen" for the heads up.]
Apple unveils new iTunes featuring dramatically simplified design and seamless iCloud integration – September 12, 2012