“To me, [the complaints are] about 30 percent valid. The other 70 percent? That falls solely on the shoulders of the app developers. If you’re going to build and sell something, it’s your job to not only understand your consumer, but figure out how to market to your consumer and get them to buy,” Maxcer writes. “When I look at a lot of the apps in Apple’s store, I’m surprised they ever saw the light of an iPhone screen. And when I hear someone moaning about how hard it is to sell in the App Store, I just roll my eyes. App selling should happen everywhere else, and the App Store is just the conduit. Tossing all your eggs into a basket you can’t control, let along hold, is just stupid. I get the impression that more than a few app developers get some pretty good ideas, get their apps built, then mostly sit back and hope it catches on. If it doesn’t, this isn’t Apple’s fault, and it will never be Apple’s fault.”
Maxcer writes, “So what is Apple’s fault? An App Store that is built so poorly it should collapse under its own weight, and if we were lucky, create a black hole so that Apple would have to start over to build a new one.”
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: The App Store was a rush job – remember, the iPhone was originally supposed to run Web apps, not native apps. Apple had a very short time between when they decided to allow native apps and when they opened the App Store.
Why should Apple do to improve the iOS App Store?