“And we’re not just talking about Android,” Yarow writes. “Apple is going to try to blow up all of Google.”
Yarow writes, “Google, for all of its ancillary businesses, lives and dies with search. Apple is doing everything it can with iOS to de-emphasize the importance of search, and the web, in its mobile devices.”
• Apple is getting into the business of local search with its new Maps application.
• Apple’s search engine is called “Siri.”
• Apple’s “Passbook” has the potential to be a better version of Google Wallet.
• Apple is trying to make the web irrelevant.
• Apple is teaming up with Google’s biggest enemy, Facebook.
Read more in the full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Google’s going to rue the day they got greedy by deciding to try to work against Apple instead of with them. – MacDailyNews Take, March 09, 2010
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers "Lynn Weiler" and "Brawndo Drinker" for the heads up.]
Apple posts video of WWDC 2012 Keynote Address – June 11, 2012
Apple shows off iOS 6 with all new Maps, Siri features, Facebook integration, Shared Photo Streams via iCloud, and more – June 11, 2012
Steve Jobs: ‘I’m going to destroy Android, because it’s a stolen product; I’m willing to go thermonuclear war on this’ – October 20, 2011