“Now comes the word that Google has poached the core Enyo team from HP, to end up doing who-knows-what at Google,” Kendrick reports. “Odds are it won’t be bringing Enyo, the application framework behind webOS, into the Android effort.”
Kendrick reports, “Whatever these smart folks end up doing for Google, their departure pretty much puts the kibosh on the open-source webOS effort no matter what HP says. HP is not in a position to make a serious run at the webOS open-source effort. Having just announced the impending layoff of 27,000 employees, HP must be the worst place to work in any industry… It’s a safe call to say that webOS is finally dead in reality, if not in name.”
Read more in the full article here.
8 Reasons Why Apple Should Fear HP/Palm:
1. HP is Great with Acquisitions
2. The HP Brand Name
3. HP’s Money
4. WebOS: Beyond the Smartphone (there is no doubt that the OS will branch out to slate PCs and netbooks)
5. HP Means a Better App Catalog
6. An Immediate Connection to the Business World
7. Beating Apple in the Hardware Arena
8. HP, Palm and Content Delivery (with a company like HP pulling the strings behind the scenes, Palm could be positioned as the number one paid content provider in the smartphone world.)
Ah, the foolishness that spills forth daily from bullshitters extraordinaire.
Enjoy your crow, Devin.
HP to axe 27,000 employees – May 23, 2012
Former HP exec: HP’s webOS debacle more terrible than Apple’s ‘worst days’ – January 3, 2012
Why webOS will fail – again – December 15, 2011
HP to open source webOS – December 9, 2011