“The Apple brand has the biggest impact on the world’s consumers, while Microsoft and the United States nation brand are those considered most in need of a remake, a survey showed on Monday,” Rachel Sanderson reports for Reuters.
“The poll by online magazine brandchannel.com asked its readers to identify the brands with the greatest impact on their lives, and say how they affected readers’ behaviour and their view of the world,” Sanderson reports,
“The nearly 2,000 professionals and students who voted named Apple overwhelming winner. The creator of the iPod and Mac computer triumphed in six categories including most inspiring brand and the one readers cannot live without,” Sanderson reports.
Microsoft “received the dubious honor of the brand most readers wanted to argue with, and the one they most wanted to revamp,” Sanderson reports.
Full article here.
2008 Brandjunkie Survey Results placed Apple at #1 for the following questions:
• What brand would you most like to sit next to at a dinner party?
• What brand, if sent back 100 years, would have the biggest impact on the course of history?
• Which brand inspires you the most?
• If you were to describe yourself as being a brand, what brand would you be?
• What brand can you not live without?
• What brand is most likely to revolutionize the branding industry in the next five years?
From February 24 to March 9, 2008, nearly 2,000 brandchannel readers—74 percent of which hail from the marketing profession—in 107 different countries answered our 10-question online survey and identified one brand that best fit the criteria for each inquiry. Respondents could recognize any brand they felt appropriate, as a shortlist of brands was not given.
Full results from The 2008 Brandjunkie Survey here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews Readers "Mike in Helsinki," "Linux Guy And Mac Prodigal Son," and "Ampar" for the heads up.]