“Following recent signs of recovery for the price of NAND flash, industry sources are confident that the industry should break out of its low point as Apple is booking considerable capacity at chip makers, according to industry sources,” Josephine Lien and Esther Lam report for DigiTimes.
“Apple is likely to debut a new version of its iPod with a larger memory capacity, probably with 8GB of NAND flash, according to industry sources. Industry sources hinted that both leading Korea-based chipmakers, including Samsung Electronics and Hynix Semiconductor have both landed more orders from Apple,” Lien and Lam report.
Sources at memory makers say that “major OEM makers” have resumed their orders at chipmakers in preparation for the seasonal third quarter’s increased demand and that shipments for MP3 players are “picking up” and represents an “industry-wide rebound.”
Full article here.
MacDailyNews Take: Well if you want the nano to be video-capable, you do need more storage capacity…
• Introducing the super-fast, blogging, podcasting, do-everything-out-of-the-box MacBook. Starting at just $1099
• Get the new iMac with Intel Core Duo for as low as $31 A MONTH with Free shipping!
• Get the MacBook Pro with Intel Core Duo for as low as $47 A MONTH with Free Shipping!
• Apple’s new Mac mini. Intel Core, up to 4 times faster. Starting at just $599. Free shipping.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.