“Apple Computer last week asked the United States Patent and Trademark Office to grant it a trademark on the term ‘Mobile Me,’” Katie Marsal reports for AppleInsider. “On January 5th, the company made four separate filings on the term, covering a broad range of technologies and services.”
Marsal reports that the first filing describes Mobile Me as a computing device, the second filing covers the digital audio space, the third filing relates Mobile Me to a consumer electronics portable device, and the fourth covers Mobile Me as telecommunication services.
Full article with descriptions of the four separate filings here.
[Thanks to MacDailyNews reader "Rainy Day" for the link. See something that you think we should post? Click "contact."]
They haven’t even cooled down, yet, but fire up the rumor mills!
• MacBook Pro. The first Mac notebook built upon Intel Core Duo with iLife ’06, Front Row and built-in iSight. Starting at $1999. Free shipping.
• iMac. Twice as amazing — Intel Core Duo, iLife ’06, Front Row media experience, Apple Remote, built-in iSight. Starting at $1299. Free shipping.
• iMac and MacBook Pro owners: Apple USB Modem. Easily connect to the Internet using dial-up service. $49.00.
• iPod Radio Remote. Listen to FM radio on your iPod and control everything with a convenient wired remote. Just $49.
• iPod. 15,000 songs. 25,000 photos. 150 hours of video. The new iPod. 30GB and 60GB models start at just $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.