“Amazon.com Inc., the world’s biggest online retailer, said holiday sales worldwide set a record this year on demand for Apple Computer Inc.’s iPod music players, video games and jewelry,” Bloomberg reports.
“Shoppers bought more than 108 million items between Nov. 1 and Christmas, the Seattle-based retailer said today in a statement. The company did not provide revenue figures. The busiest single day was Monday, Dec. 12, when customers ordered 3.6 million items,” Bloomberg reports. “iPods were one of the top three-selling items in electronics for Amazon.com. Overall, online sales in the U.S. are expected to jump 24 percent to about $19 billion in November and December as the convenience of Internet shopping and free shipping lures consumers, according to ComScore Networks Inc. The most popular goods on the Web include clothing, electronics and toys.”
Full article here.
• The New iPod with Video. The ultimate music & video experience on the go. From $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.00.
• Apple iPod nano. 1,000 songs. Impossibly small. From $199. Free shipping.
• iPod shuffle starting at $99. Free shipping. Free Engraving only at the Apple Store.
• Free shipping on select iPod accessories under $50.