“At this time last year, we asked our readers which technology hardware and equipment company they believed would be the smartest investment in 2005. The most popular answer? Apple Computer. Of the more than 12,000 readers who cast their vote, 27% chose the Cupertino, Calif.-based computer and software company. That’s nearly double the number of votes the two runners up, Dell and Cisco Systems, received combined,” Lacey Rose reports for Forbes.
“We hope our readers put their money where their mouths–or mice–were. Apple (AAPL) was a very smart investment. The company posted a 103% total return for the latest 12 months–spectacular compared with the S&P 500 total return of 9%,” Rose reports. “Unfortunately, our reader’s number two pick–Dell (nasdaq: DELL – news – people )–was a dog. The company’s total return was -25%–the worst of the bunch.”
Full article here.
More reason to smile this holiday season. Will Apple pass Dell in market value in 2006? Currently it’s AAPL at $61,817,032,800 and DELL at $73,359,280,740. Stay tuned…
• The New iPod with Video. The ultimate music & video experience on the go. From $299. Free shipping.
• Connect iPod to your television set with the iPod AV Cable. Just $19.00.
• Apple iPod nano. 1,000 songs. Impossibly small. From $199. Free shipping.
• iPod shuffle starting at $99. Free shipping. Free Engraving only at the Apple Store.
• Free shipping on select iPod accessories under $50.